Friday, January 30, 2009

YEA for school. This was Chad's first day of orientation. For those of you that don't know Chad is going back to school. Are Youth Ranch is pretty much out of business with the economy so we thought this would be the perfect time. He is doing an on-line deal with a school in Arizona called Prescott. He had to be there for three days of orientation so he and I went down to sunny Arizona. We had so much fun just the two of us. We left our kids at home with Chad's parents. This was the first time we have ever done this. We missed our kids a lot but loved the time together. I recommend everyone do it!! Your kids will be just fine without you. We stayed at a nice hotel with a pool and workout place. Chad would go to the school and I went shopping, to the movie, watched tv and just hung out all by self!!! I would go meet up with him for lunch. Then at night we would work out, go to the pool, eat our frozen dinners and watch tv. Made me really remember why I fell in love with my great, awesome, fun husband!!

3 comments:

The Tolberts said...

How fun! I'm jealous!! We should plan a trip sometime and get away! It was fun to have you guys over last week! We will have to do it more often.

danandcami said...

Glad you did it! I agree everyone should do it!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip for the two of you. We haven't taken a vacation from our kids yet either and it is way overdue. Congrats on going back to school Chad - it's never too late. I'm sorry to hear about your ranch though because that seemed like a perfect job for you such a wonderful way to help kids. By the way, your kids are so cute and I love your little Valentine's scavenger hunt idea.